mandag 13. april 2009

Spring get together!

So it's easter... and five whole days off from work! Hurray!!! I had a great time, read some great books... and on friday I had family and friends over for lunch. It was alot of fun, good times and good food, if I may say so myself... Ma helped of course, and my sister... and of course Arwen. Our former exchange student from Germany that came over to visit!!! Good times all around...

I set up a sort of buffet at the kitchen counter, and on my kitchen table... Alot fo food... I always make way too much and always worry I dont have enough... ha ha...

My sister took all the photos of course... And I just love taking out all my Figgjo and use it. Instead of it collecting dust in the cabinets...
And for dessert I had fruit cake... with vanilla custard. Everyone loves this cake. Its so easy to make and so easy to eat... Dad and siss had a friendly fight over the last piece... and one time I made this... Ole almost ate a whole one by himself! Crazy man...
you know what else is great about these get togethers? Hostess gifts!!! Don't you just love them... My aunt brought me this as a move in present... and it was something completely "useless" but wonderful!!! Just what I love...
and here I am, snapped unnoticed opening one of two boxes...
and the treasures inside were these two lovely tealight holders with whimsical cats!!! They look their very best out on my porch, the colours being so lively and match so well with the garden feeling! LOVE them!!! Thank you!!!
I also got two green polkadot coffee cups from Arwen, but missed taking a pic.. so those will be posted later! They are brilliant too... and really good to drink from :) Thanks Arwen!

After eating, some of the guests left and the ones left went for a discovery trip... I hadn't ever gone walking around my new home... so it was alot of fun seeing what kind of paths we could take... It was a great walk, just what we needed after all that munching! Ha ha... From left you see me, my dad, ma, Arwen, my aunt Jenny and her dog. And my sister in green!
I just love this picture, we found this along the road on our walk... and I am a sucker for mushrooms!then there are just some snapshots from around the house, before everyone arrived :) My sister is so talented... everything looks so crisp and clean and right out of a magazine :p

my kitchen window :) With yellow flowers, symbolizing spring :)

I saw these bunnies in the flowershp and just had to have a couple... this one rests in my pelagonia in the kitchen window... arent they adorable?
flowers and candles in my livingroom window... I love the perspective of this one.
and my other lovingrom window... just love that the candles are lit really :p
the doorknocker of Dragonfly Cottage :) Bought this years ago and hung on it, knowing one day I could hang it at my front door.. .
My old stove in the kitchen... that all for today... Back to work tomorrow... and I should really have been in bed a long time ago allready... :)
Have a good week... next weekend I am hitting the first flea market of the season! I am so excited :)

5 kommentarer:

Hulda sa...

Så kjempefint du har det! Jeg likte så godt den gamle ovnen på kjøkkenet, så herlig du har dekorert der. Det lille fuglehuset var supersøtt. :) Koselig å se bilde av familien din og deg også. Nydelige lysglass du fikk, de var jo helt deg da, med katter og fine farger. Likte så godt det dekkede bordet, med lyse farger. Herlig med pastellfarger innimellom det hvite. God uke!

Monica Helén sa...

Så flotte bilder Eva har tatt...:) og du har det jo bare så koselig som det er mulig å få det å da, så det er jo klart bildene blir flotte, hehe.:)
Skulle gjerne vært der og kost meg med all maten og herlig kake..!Håper jeg får kommet meg oppover til deg snart, med unger og godt humør....
klems!

Monica Helén sa...

Så flotte bilder Eva har tatt...:) og du har det jo bare så koselig som det er mulig å få det å da, så det er jo klart bildene blir flotte, hehe.:)
Skulle gjerne vært der og kost meg med all maten og herlig kake..!Håper jeg får kommet meg oppover til deg snart, med unger og godt humør....
klems!

Christinas låvebutikk sa...

Hei! Så bra da!! Jeg har tatt for mye porto fra deg! Den var såå mye rimeligere enn jeg hadde trodd. Skyldig deg 35 kr til en annen gang!
Nydelig dekket bord med masse go mat!!
Ha ei fin helg!

Lisa sa...

I have looked at your blog a gazillion times. lol I love the way you decorate. We share fave colors. I always resist the temptation to ask for the recipe for this yummy-looking fruity dessert but today (while on my son's super-fast laptop) I'm asking. :) Do you give away the secret? I really want to make it! I'm glad you're feeling better!