tirsdag 8. september 2009

Autumn Afternoon

I can't help it... I love this season. Everyday I enjoy seeing the colours of the trees turn from green to a million shades of oranges, reds and browns... The crisp smell of hay being cut, and wheat being harvested. The feeling of that naughty autumn wind on your cheek. The turning of black autumn stormy clouds over your head... The smell of damp forest grounds, the magic of mushrooms popping up everywhere... and the pure bliss of drinking coffee on your porch in the twilight with candles burning, wrapped up in a soft, warm blanket... and maybe I have even added a splash of bailys to that cup... mmm-mm....
See that little shelf with the cups? it's an old metal spice rack. The boxes that came with it decorate my house here and there... And the square planter is an old tobacco box I bought at the local antiques shop :)

I have started to prepare my porch for the autumn... not quite done, and my pelargonias are still ruling out there... but soon it will be filled with pumpkins and autumny flowers :)
The plantstand is a fleamarket find that I painted white :) It needs more flowers... just dont have any that fit yet... :) But hopefully soon :)

Have a brilliant week everyone!!! I am so excited about the comming weekend. One of my best friends from Scotland is comming to stay for a week, and I get time off work... AND there is the huge fleamarket all weekend!!! Hurray!!!

7 kommentarer:

Lisa sa...

I just put the autumn tablecloth on the table. Granted, it is now my husband's business desk and I had to fold it in half but it is there. Love your plantstand. I've been seeing them around blogland and remember my mom having one like that. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for one. I really love the change of seasons and how at the end of everyone, I am excited for the next. Fall, especially! I'm ready to get my pumpkins out. :) Have a great weekend with your friend and enjoy the time off.

Erin {House of Turquoise} sa...

"The feeling of that naughty autumn wind on your cheek."....I LOVE that!

Monica Helén sa...

Som vanlig bra skrevet...:)
Ser koselig ut ja..:)
Stemmer det, du er jo opptatt denne helgen, -det var jo trist, for jeg skal oppover en tur....
Meeen håper du får en flott helg! =)
Klems!

Skogland sa...

Du er så flink til å skrive innlegg! En fryd å lese :) Eeeelsker mose jeg også. Bare MÅ ha det rundt amaryllisene til jul!

Ha en fin fri-uke til uka, og kos deg masse!!

Mette sa...

Hei i natten! Måtte bare skrive en hilsen til deg og takke for besøket på min blogg! Herlig blogg du har! Og nydelig kunst! (Ser du bruker akvarell og tusjpenn; det er mine favorittredskaper når jeg tegner, dessverre altfor sjelden:o/) Jeg elsker alver og andre overnaturlige vesener. Oppdaget Alvefolket- serien på nitti-tallet og var frelst...
Bloggen din skal jeg besøke igjen, det er sikkert. Godnatt fra Mette

Missfryd sa...

Er også veldig glad i høsten. Mye fint her hos deg:-)
Fiskebildene er kjøpt i Tønsberg i en interiørbutikk for mange år siden.
Fortsatt god helg til deg. Klem Ingrid

GundaM sa...

Heia der, så kos en blogg du har og selvfølgelig måtte du ha en svart katt...HI-hi, nydelig er den ;)

Vakkert dekket bord under her og, kos deg med helg og besøk!