søndag 4. mai 2008

Dreamhouse...

Okay, so I decided to write en english from now on, some of my brilliant foreign friends got alittle miffed when they couldnt read what I wrote... And seeing as I know that there arent a person left in norway that doesnt understand english... I figured what the heck...

Like I said in a previous post, me and my dad went on a little house-treasure hunt a few days ago. Dad knew about this old, white country house... he knew the owner, an old lady in Sweden, and also knew she only uses it for a summer house. So the plan was to have a look, and maybe look to see if she was willing to sell it.

Well, to get there, you have to go through a rather large farm. And we stopped to have a chat with the lady that lives there. She explained that the other house down in the valley, just next to the one we were off to see, belonged to her. And why didnt I take a look at that as well? Because they had no idea what to do with it, and it'd been abonnened years ago.

Well, we did... the spot is amazing, in the middle of the forest, with nothing but fields and trees around, there's these two tiny old houses, side by side. Like some old forgotten sisters. Both were rather run down, and needed complete overhauls. Electricity, water, sewage, panelling ect ect... and TONS of love...
Dad did a quick estimate on how much money and time would take. And it is very much doable. It's a stone's throw from the stable... yet no neighbours to speak of. A perfect place for me, Hexa and any other animal additions to come.

The house is tiny... I would have to build an extension for a bathroom... and while I was at it, I would add on a glass porch, and maybe even a wrap-around american style porch to the front. There's a small hallway, a small-ish kitchen (but not too tiny), a long and narrow livingroom, a rather large stairwell, larger upper hall, and two smallish bedrooms. I would knock down some walls, and stuff, to open it up alittle... Close some useless doors to add wall space.. ect ect...

the Kitchen would be painted in light and fresh shades of green and teal/sea greens... with whites and a few red details (like coffee cups, flowers ect ect) Kitchen fittings from Ikea, with some glass fronts, and an old small table with two chairs.

the Livingroom, divied in two by a few old windows, dining table closest to the kitchen, round... with different shape chairs in 2 shades of the same teal colour. Walls would be light light airy green. Think "the inside of a cucumber". Entrance to the glassporch, with a window view to it as well. A sort of "window inside". To let the light in.

By now you must have realized that green is a theme! Ha ha. I want the colours of the whole house to seem... related. The idea is to feel like it's summer no matter what time of year it really is. But still easy enough to get an autumny feel, or christmas decor without screwing up the feeling completely!
the Bathroom would be sea greens and turquoise, white paneling, and coloured tiles. Lots of shabby white details ect ect.


The master bedroom would be duck-egg blue, white and details of dark wood and silver. I think... The upper hallway which would function as an office/atlièr would be painted something fresh and bright, but not invading...

Yeah...well it's a dream anyway! Like I said, it's only been talked about once! And there is no guarantee I'll be able to buy it. I'm allready in love with this house. I always wanted something old, but put my own touch to it. This way, I get an old "shell" yet I start from scratch, shape it into anything I like...

Hope you enjoyed my rush of dreams :) Have a good sunday!

P.s. All the images were collected from the web, if you recognize some of these as yours, I am sorry. I did not mean to steal anyone's work. So let me know, and I shall take it down imidiatly!


1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

SÅ koselig å lese drømmene dine ja..:) Syns jeg ser for meg huset.. og håper at du får det slik du drømmer om! :)
klems, Mille