torsdag 20. august 2009

Autumn Closing In...

I decided to take a walk in the twilight... the wind was picking up, the birds were all silent... there was a heavy, dark sky... and it was tracking me... I constantly felt the tickle of rain in my neck as I walked on... pushing myself over that last hill, before heading into the wellknow road to my house... the warm, cozy cottage, casting off a warm glow there at the journey's end... It was magical... Nothing like a brisk walk in the twilight, just before night slips her dark cover over the world, and the story skies made it better... rain drops on the leaves, the wind in the trees... are music to my ears... the shiny road and glittering puddles, the most precious of paintings... and the friends that you meet... I met Mr. Toad, Mrs Toad and lill Toad jr. too... And I am a little scared of toads... but they hopped on their merry way and didnt bother me today. I got in under my roof just before the rain really hit... and got my breath back, sitting down on the bench on the porch... smelling the rain-heavy air, cleansing both mind and body!

ahhh... Autumn is most certainly in the air... these comming weeks and months will be the best Mother Earth has to offer... At least thats what I think...And now, well deserved, with droplets of rain still clung in my hair, I enjoy my autumn decorated table with a hot cup of Russian Earl Gray in my grasp!Life is good... life is really really good!
Today's photos are from my sister's creative eye! She snaps the best! We did a mini-tour of my surroundings... and here are some more shots.

Me and my sister found this cute fellow at the garden shop... we couldnt just leave him there, so he came home with me... And is now guarding the barrel pond :)

Special black & White cows in the field... arent they amazing? I love cows... I miss milking duty...

Mama's chicken coop... I love them! Next season I plan on having my own...
I hope you all have a really great week still!!!

6 kommentarer:

Lisa sa...

Your table looks so awesome. Loved the pictures and the description of your enchanting walk. I am so ready for fall!

Mormor sa...

Vakkert....
Helt enig med deg, høsten er magisk
nå ser vi fram til en klar fin september, med mange fine turer !

Hulda sa...

Så fint du har pynta på bordet. Virkelig høstlig og veldig dekorativt. :)

Monica Helén sa...

Så koselig du har dekorert bordet ditt=) Høsten er vakker ja..:) Jeg håper jeg får tatt masse flotte bilder i høst, og at vi kanskje klarer å få til den turen vi pratet om...? :)
Jeg vil å ha høner!!

pepperkverna sa...

Så ut som et godt liv....Hege

Fotballmamma sa...

Så flott side du har, noe helt annerledes..(: