lørdag 8. august 2009

Prefect beginning....

My first day of vacation... no more work for over two weeks!!! Bliss bliss bliss... and what a great start to my time off... My best friend and I sat up untill 2am drinking wine on my porch,... Before we went to bed, no alarm clocks to wake us... just the gentle purring of the cats as it neared breakfast time... We then had coffee on the porch, I did some reading and Ole palyed solitaire... before heading back to his farm and make pancakes for lunch with his sister...

Ahhh... And the heat has finally came back. I sure hope it lasts a alittle while...

I am not going anywhere this vacation, but I have a list of things that shall be tackled and done here at home... Actually, right now, I couldnt dream of a better way to spend my time...

I will hopefully

-read two book on my list
- paint the tv cabinet
- paint two of my gran's lamps
- paint shelves for the bathroom
- put up said shelf and some hooks
- paint words on my livingroom wall
- get the shelves in the livingroom made, painted and hung.
- have my house-warming party
- and just drink lots of wine and coffee and see friends....

and enjoy my beautiful, wonderful, magical cottage!

I have allready painted first layer on the tv cabinet... started doing it outside, but there are so many seeds in the air, I completely gaveup... There has always got to be a brisk wind when I want to paint outside... sigh...

I also experimented with my can of turquoise varnish ;) Pic's to come....

I feel so stress free!!! With my can of cider in my hand... listening to Tori Amos...

Concidering the lettering on the wall... I dont know what qoute I want... It has to be something either latin, english or norwegian... but what?! Any ideas? Mine is: "Dragonfly Cottage... the magic is in the laughter" or "my life is seasoned with alittle Hocus Pocus"
I kind of want something to do with witches, magic or nature... coffee, friends and joy... ANY ideas will be great!

NExt year I might have to (or want to...) paint the exterior of my house. For many a time I wanted a white house with gray trimmings and a turquoise door... But becuase I have a timber cottage, and I am adding some decorating details to the exterior work... I am now thinking the very old tarblack with white combination... and of course the turquoise door... What do you think? I am afraid the cottage might loose some of its personality and charm if it's painted all white... and tarblack is a gorgeous colour for old houses... All the detailing and framework would be white...

becuase I didnt have any of my own photos to show, today's post is sprinkled with stuff from online... Things I just love. If you recognize any of these photos as your own, or someone else's blogs. Please let me know and I will remove them of course... they are simply from my file of inspirational pics from all over the net... so I dont know where I got them all, but never mean to steal any ;)
Have a brilliant weekend!

5 kommentarer:

liven sa...

Deilig med ferie...heldige deg!!
Nydelige bilder du viser også!!
Ha en fin kveld....og kos deg!

Magdalena sa...

utroooolig herlige bilder....~~~¨*

The Coffee Lady sa...

it sounds lovely, have a great time

Monica Helén sa...

Wow du har virkelig en lang liste! Blir morro å se resultatet=) Men nå må du huske å FERIERE litt også da=) Meeeeeen kanskje nettopp det er ferie for deg? =) Koselig er det jo egentlig! og når skal man ellers få tid.. jaja...

Klems!

Skogland sa...

Takk for koselig kommentar :) Har vært en ivrig leser på Nib lenge nå, og fant ut at jeg bare måtte opprette en selv. Har tittet innom her hos deg i blant. Du har en flott blogg med mange fine bilder!!!

Ha en fin kveld!