tirsdag 11. august 2009

TV cabinet makeover!

Vacation time is the best time to catch up on little projects... My first was this corner cabinet that mum has had for ages. Now that dad has decided the flatscreen goes ON the wall, they had no need for it. I have been wanting it for just about as long as mum has had it... so I wasnt hard to ask if I could take it off their hands... of course, it didnt look like much when I got it... But it was a diamond in the rough!I decided to paint it in sage green. The same shade I used in my diningroom & kitchen for details and chairs. Replaced the knobs with porcelain ones... and voila!!! A PRetty pretty pretty cabinet for my livingroom... sooo much better than the pinewood rubbish that was there before!Obviously the tv corner is never a interior bloggers choice of subject to show.... but I am being brave here... ha ha... I see now that I need to do something with all those wires in the back...
But all in all... not so bad I think...
There are a few more project needed to be tackled... but thats all fun... I am pretty pleased that I allready tackled this one... so early on in my time off... ha ha

Today I played turist in my own town... Took Kathi, or "return foreign exchange student" (She stayed here 3 years ago, but comes back to work and stay with us every summer... we call her our bounce back). And our new foreign exchange student, Leoba, to the Kitthelsen museum, and then to old Haugfoss. It rained off and on, but mainly we had great weather. When I arrived home later, being dead tired... probably due to me and the O man staying up intill 6am in the morning finnishing a baginbox of wine... mum was there to have coffee with me...
All in all a lovely day... one to remember...
but now I am tired.. and it'ss time for bed! :) :)


Have a brilliant wednesday tomorrow!

5 kommentarer:

beate sa...

Heisann.
så lekker tv-benken er! Utrolig hvor forandret møbler blir med litt maling...

Ha en fin dag!

Beate

:: Cindy Chick Designs :: sa...

The cabinet looks fabulous! You did a great job on it, very inspirational. Try searching for cable tidies for the wires, they really make a difference. x

Monica Helén sa...

Tv-skapet ble kjempeflott!! =) Du er flink til å stå på ja=)
Blir morro å se neste prosjekt..=)
Titt innom bloggen min og se at jeg endelig har "fått finger´n ut" med ett av rommene mine! =)

Klems!

Lisa sa...

It looks fantastic!

Skogland sa...

Åå..så fin tv-benken blei! Det er ikke så mye som skal til før det blir et "nytt møbel". Moro det :)

Det ser utrolig koselig ut i det lille røde huset ditt!! Vi har hatt høner i litt over et år nå, men de var så slemme mot hverandre at! Så nå blir det en høne-fri vinter, før vi skaffer oss en annen rase til våren. Det er rart når man er vant til ferske egg hver dag..plutselig må man i butikken å kjøpe lissom..blir ikke helt det samme.

Kos deg i helga :)

Jeg jobber :(